Reliability by Lubrication Engineers
LE Inc manufactures a line of high quality, high-performance lubricants that are designed to far exceed standard lubricants in industrial and automotive applications. By using higher quality lubricants plants can be made to be more reliable and efficient by protecting the equipment and helping it to last longer with better output. Investing in these higher quality lubricants can significantly reduce downtime and maintenance costs, and therefore return the initial investment price of the lubricants many times over.
LE’s high-performance industrial and automotive lubricants are manufactured with highly refined base oils (mineral or synthetic based), and include the following proprietary additives which are used exclusively in LE Lubricants:
- Almasol® solid wear-reducing additive is able to withstand extremely heavy loads, chemical attack and temperatures up to 1,900°F (1,038°C). It is attracted to metal surfaces, forming a microscopic layer but not building on itself or affecting clearances.
- Monolec® liquid wear-reducing additive creates a single molecular lubricating film on metal surfaces, vastly increasing film strength without affecting clearances.
- Duolec® dual-acting additive imparts synergistic properties to lubricants, providing both wear-reducing and extreme pressure protection. It increases film strength and is temperature-activated to provide a protective layer.
- Quinplex® impact-resistant additive contributes to outstanding water resistance, tackiness and mechanical stability, and helps to form a barrier against corrosion.
LE’s Research and Development team are constantly researching new products at the state-of-the-art R&D centre in Wichita, Kansas, to ensure that LE products always incorporate the best available technology and perform to the highest standards.
Xamine Oil Analysis
Why use Xamine?
By regularly examining the conditions of oil in an engine, gearbox or circulating system, Xamine can help accomplish two critical objectives:
- Establish the best oil change interval for maximum productivity & economy through the use of LE products with their longer service life
- Prevent unscheduled downtime of equipment by identifying abnormal wear, metal & contaminant concentrations before they cause major problems
How does Xamine work?
Xamine enables you to be more efficient with your use of lubricants and equipment. This programme monitors oil samples for mechanical, operational and environmental factors that can affect equipment and oil life. With consistent, accurate monitoring of the condition of your oil – whether in an engine, gearbox or circulating system – Xamine can help you improve your bottom line with less lubricant to purchase, fewer parts to keep in inventory, less used lubricant requiring disposal, less labor and less downtime.
What are the key benefits of utilizing the Xamine service?
- Documents that LE lubricants can still be effective even after an extended length of service
- Lengthens the time between oil drains
- Reduces the amount of lubricant needed
- Maximizes uptime and minimizes maintenance costs
- Identifies dirt, wear particles, fuel dilution, coolant and other contaminants early enough to address the problem
- Prevents catastrophic failure or significantly shortened equipment life
- Helps you get more out of your equipment by monitoring filtration efficiency and system cleanliness
- Significantly reduces equipment replacement costs
- Ensures that units are up, running and making money
- Provides valuable sampling history documentation
- Justifies higher equipment resale values
Lubrication Engineers believes that the use of a regular, professional & economic oil analysis programme with LE lubricants is an integral part of any preventative maintenance & reliability programme. (more info) (PDF - 253.65KB)
For further information on the Xamine programme please refer to the following Xamine guide. (PDF - 2.24MB)
For businesses to get the most out of their industrial lubricants it is essential that the lubricants are kept clean and free of contamination. Contamination often starts in the lube room or storage area for lubricants. It is therefore important to keep these areas as clean and user friendly as possible.
LE has many years’ experience helping customers to improve their lube storage facilities, with the aim of creating world class lubrication storage rooms. The improvement of a lubricant storage facility involves the following steps:
- Consolidating lubricant inventory and reducing amount of space needed for storage
- Identifying and color-coding lubricants to increase efficiency and reduce mistakes
- Reducing or eliminating contamination before it creates problems
- Improving safety
Options for upgrading your lubricant storage area
LE have partnered with a number of companies who specialise in creating world class lubricant storage facilities including IFH Group and Fluidall. These companies provide many high quality options for improving lubricant storage facilities and include equipment such as stackable storage containers, dispensing equipment and contamination control.
For more information on these partner companies and the services they offer please click here
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
One of the main causes of equipment failure is lubricant contamination, which can occur before the lubricant is even put into the equipment. Machinery “breathes” during operation due to the air expanding and contracting, and every time air is drawn into the equipment moisture and small debris are drawn in as well, depending on the location of the machinery and the operating conditions. This can lead to damage to the lubricant and equipment.
Desiccant Breathers help to reduce contamination
It has been shown in Industry studies that 50-70% of lubricant contamination comes from outside the equipment. As most machines are designed to “breathe”, it is important to ensure that the source of air is protected from particulate contamination and moisture.
The following Desiccant breathers are available via LE:
Standard Disposable Breathers - Ideal for intermittent operation in transformers, storage tanks and totes.
Xclude High Humidity Breathers - Designed to work best with low-flow gearboxes and high-humidity applications.
Extreme Duty Breathers - Designed to take the abuse of vibration, temperature, and challenging environments, making it are ideal solution for mobile equipment, hydraulics, nautical applications, and more.
Rebuildable Steel Breathers - designed for high-flow applications featuring a rugged carbon or stainless steel housing to protect equipment from moisture and contaminants, even in the toughest environments.
Adapters & Accessories - Whatever the connection type and size required, we can provide what you need for adapters and accessories.
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Xtract Oil Sight Glasses help maintenance personnel by providing an easy and continuous visual monitoring system to show the water contamination, colour, clarity and any sediment in lubricant. Some models are also equipped with easy to use drain valves to remove accumulated water from the system.
The following Sight Glasses are available:
Oil Sight Glass (OSG) - The original Oil Sight Glass is suitable for most applications. It enables an immediate visual inspection of the oil and allows for the draining of any accumulated water, using the springloaded drain valve.
Horizontal Oil Sight Glass when access is limited - The Horizontal Oil Sight Glass is designed specifically for equipment that is located too close to the ground to allow installation of standard oil sight glasses.
High-Temperature Oil Sight Glass - Heavy-walled Pyrex glass and Teflon end caps make the High-Temperature Oil Sight Glass suitable for use when the radiant heat from nearby equipment exceeds the temperatures that allow safe use of the other Xtract oil sight glass products.
Large-Volume Oil Sight Glass - Perfect when high water volume accumulation is a problem.
Oil Sight Glass & Level Monitor (OSGL) - The columnar style Oil Sight Glass & Level Monitor is the all-in-one solution, allowing operators to manage oil levels, visually inspect lubricant condition, and easily drain off any water.
3-D BullsEye sight window for oil reservoir
Oil Level Indicator (OLI) - The columnar style Oil Level Indicator is recommended for monitoring the oil level inside large tanks, gearboxes or reservoirs when water contamination is not a problem.
For more information on all of the above products click here
The smallest malfunction, even if it only affects one component of the equipment, can cause machine breakdowns resulting in high repair costs. Production downtimes that are caused by incorrect lubrication can be prevented with automatic Perma lubrication systems. On electric motors, pumps, blowers and in hard to reach places, Perma lubrication systems guarantee uninterrupted, maintenance-free, long-term lubrication from 1 to 24 months. They also prevent contamination caused by dust, moisture and others by hermetically sealing lubrication points.
Perma single-point lubricators:
- Ensure critical applications receive lubricant 24/7
- Eliminate application of the wrong lubricant, avoiding costly cross-contamination issues
- Eliminate under- or over-application of lubricant
- Increase safety levels with installation in hard-to-access locations
- Hermetically seal lubrication points, keeping dust and moisture out of the equipment
The following are some of the PERMA Lubricators that are available through LE:
Electrochemical Single-Point Lubricators
Perma Classic Single-Point Lubricator
Perma Futura Single-Point Lubricator
Perma Flex Single-Point Lubricator
Perma Nova Single-Point Lubricator
Perma Star Vario Single-Point Lubricator
For more information on any of these products click here
It has been estimated that 60 to 80 percent of bearing failures are lubricant-related, including grease cross-contamination. With a standard grease gun there is no way to know what grease is inside. This can lead to the incorrect grease being used in an application, and cross-contamination which could lead to major equipment failure.
With LE’s Xport™ Clear Grease Gun, maintenance personnel can clearly see what grease is inside each grease gun, reducing the chances of incorrect application, and helping to eliminate greasing mistakes. Xport Clear Grease Guns are available as pistol grip, lever and battery operated versions.
Xport Clear Grease Guns Beneficial Qualities
For more information on Xport Clear Grease Guns click here
- Allow 100% visual identification
- Eliminate grease cross-contamination
- Enhance existing reliability programme
- Rugged and durable
- Approved for use by all branches of the U.S. Military; NSNs are available
The Viper MkII Wire Rope Lubricator range provides fast and effective cleaning and lubricating of wire ropes. Wire ropes from 8mm (5/16" ) to 165mm (6-1/2") in diameter can be automatically greased at speeds up to 2,000mt per hour.
The Viper MkII with the new cast Aluminium collar is 32% lighter and combined with the unique inbuilt carry handles and shoulder strap enables single person wire rope lubrication. Ideal for use on all cranes, towing lines and mooring lines, the Viper MKII eliminates the HS&E risks associated with manual lubrication. Use of the Viper MKII provides improved wire rope lubrication by forcing wire rope lubricant under pressure into the wire rope.
Other lubricators just coat the surface of the ropes but the unique seal design of the Viper wire rope lubricator means the "wire dwell time" in the pressure chamber is up to 80% longer. This longer dwell time means greater lubricant penetration which leads to increased rope life and extended relubrication intervals.
- No more manual greasing
- Single pass lubrication
- Stops corrosion
- Protects ropes
- Penetrates to the wire rope core
- Less waste and mess
- Fast and efficient wire rope lubrication
- Lubricates ropes from 8mm (5/16") to 165mm (6-1/2")
- Marine - mooring and anchor lines, deck winches, wharf cranes, ROV umbilicals, submarine wire ropes, diving boats, goods cranes, Towing line, Wireline, Hoists, pipe laying vessels
- Industrial - overhead cranes, mobile cranes, NDT inspection services, mining winder ropes, hoist ropes, wire rope manufacturers
For more information on the Viper Wire Rope Lubricator click here
Back to Top